Thursday, March 17, 2011

Super Smoothie

I LOVE smoothies. I do not love when my $400.00 Vitamix breaks. So even though I'm in mourning, I will still share my favorite smoothie recipe. Don't be scared by the ingredients, *ahem* or the color!

Super smoothie

2 handfuls of raw baby spinach, washed.
2 baby carrots
1/2 cup low fat milk
1 TBS honey
1 TBS vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
1-2 cups frozen fruit blend (I like the one with pineapple, mango, and strawberry.)

Put all ingredients in blender. Blend away! You may have to add more liquid or ice depending on your preference for the consistency of your smoothie. This smoothie is very green, sweet, and full of vitamins.

2 comments:

  1. will a cheap blender be able to handle this, or do you have to have the super ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, no super blender needed. I made these long before I was gifted my VitaMix. And If I hadn't been gifted it, I would still have a regular blender :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! My food planet loves comments.