Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sexy Chicken Sausage with Veggies

Sexy you say? Veggies? Ok, let me share the reason for this scandalous name. Trust me, it's PG my friends. Anywhoo, I made this dish for my Father in law, who loved it. He has an endearing quirk for calling everyday things sexy, hence the name. See, PG. I like to use chicken sausage, particularly chicken sausage with garlic and mozzarella, you can find it pretty much anywhere now.

Sexy Chicken Sausage with Veggies
Serves 4

3 chicken sausage with garlic and mozzarella (this is pre-cooked by the way.)
1 red pepper, membrane removed and sliced into strips
1 yellow pepper, membrane removed and sliced into strips
1/2 of a large onion thinly sliced
4 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
10 sugar snap peas, washed and ends snapped
water

Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium low heat. Cut sausage on a bias, it looks prettier this way :-) Increase heat to medium, add sausage and heat until browned on both sides. Stir the sausage, add vegetables and two tablespoons of water. Cover to let the vegetables steam for 3-4 minutes. Uncover, stir and continue to cook until desired doneness of the vegetables. I personally like them a little crisp :-) I serve this over my favorite rice.

2 comments:

  1. I am loving this blog!! You are going to be famous in no time! Um, and I am patiently waiting for you to post that cake you made at Bunco months ago. Also, I wanted to give your baked french toast a try for dinner tomorrow. Where did you get that recipe from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin one with layers? I will certainly take requests, let me know if that is the one. Glad you're liking the blog, I'm trying to put WW friendly recipes too, as those are the ones I should be making for myself :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! My food planet loves comments.