Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A spinach salad named Guilt

This salad is a tasty accompaniment to guilt inducing foods such as pizza, or a juicy steak. It is fabulous! Even the spinach haters in my life will eat it.

Salad:
4 cups baby spinach (make sure it has been washed and dried.)
1/2 cup almonds (I like oven roasted with sea salt.)
1/2 craisins
1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon

Dressing:
Dijon mustard
honey

For the dressing, I measure 1 TBS of honey in a measuring cup. I then add the mustard and stir until well incorporated and a good consistency to pour. Set aside. (I always start out with this much dressing, to try to keep it as low calorie as possible, but if you need more, make more!)

For salad, place spinach in bowl, add dressing. Toss until all leaves are coated. If you prefer more dressing, now is the time to make it. When the spinach is coated, add the other ingredients, toss gently and enjoy!!!

This salad is my own creation, and I have also played with different additions like mandarin orange segments, grapes, apples, or a little blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! My food planet loves comments.