Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rice rice baby.

All right stop, collaborate and listen.......If you don't like, or haven't tried rice pudding, try this recipe. It is creamy rice heaven, minus the cheesy white rapper.

Rice Pudding

4 cups milk
1/2 cup regular long-grain rice
1/2 sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1 & 1/4 teaspoon vanilla

In saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar, and salt. Heat to boiling over medium high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring a little, until rice is VERY tender, about an hour.

In small bowl, beat the egg, stir in 1/2 cup of hot rice mixture. Slowly pour egg mixture back into rice mixture, stirring rapidly to prevent curdling. Cook, stirring constantly, until rice mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Serve warm, or chill for 3 hours. I like it chilled. Makes 4 cups. I like this with a little Carmel sauce, or whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. Shanae- I made the Rice Pudding and it was delicious!! I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it Mel. I was going to bring it to ya for your birthday, crap!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! My food planet loves comments.