Monday, March 21, 2011

Bobby and I

Alright, I have said that I'm not going to post pictures on this blog. I'll admit to you, my blog stalking friends, the real reason behind this. I am HORRIBLE at taking pictures. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. Even with a pretty nice camera, I am the one cutting heads off people, or making peoples' coloring look like they've been dead for a week.
With food, using all the senses is essential. Let me share a recent experience. Last Monday I come home and Bobby Flay is cooking in my kitchen, wearing my favorite apron. After I regained consciousness and fixed my lipstick, I smell something amazing....chocolate chip cookies, french bread, fillet broiling in butter..... I sit down, Bobby Flay winks at me and starts to the table carrying a platter. I can't quite see what is on it, but hey, it's Bobby Flay right? He sets it down in front of me, I open my eyes, my mouth starts to water and.....wow, something that resembles...... a raccoon ran over by a truck. Hm.. yeah, Ok, not what I expected. It smelled so good...... it's Bobby Flay...... what the ##$%#!
This experience was so traumatizing for Bobby and I, we got in a huge fight. But the moral of the story is, food has to smell good, look good, have a good texture, be the right temperature etc.....I am so worried I'll take pictures of my recipes and they will look like, well, dead raccoon.
Anyways, I'm going to start practicing my photography skills, and hopefully soon, be including pics with my recipes. I'll also share my killer recipe for raccoon. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the yummiest food looks gross. Don't worry if your pictures don't turn out, which i'm sure they will. Everything you make is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! My food planet loves comments.