Monday, March 21, 2011

Chicken Vegetable Teriyaki

This recipe is one of my new favorites. So easy, and healthy, my kids will even eat it. Add any vegetables you have handy. I serve this over rice. One of my favorite food blogs recently had a recipe for teriyaki sauce, next time I'll try it. Bottled is great though!!!


2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. chicken, cut into strips
4 green onions, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and sliced on a thin diagonal
1/2 yellow pepper cut into strips
1 cup sugar snap peas, end snapped off
1 cup broccoli pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth
3-4 TBS. teriyaki sauce
1 TBS. cornstarch
1/2 cup of water

Mix cornstarch in water, set aside. Over medium heat, in pan sprayed with non-stick spray, cook garlic for 1 minute. Add chicken, cook until light brown. Add vegetables, cook until fork tender. Add broth and teriyaki sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through. Turn heat up to medium again, add cornstarch mixture and stir very well. Reduce heat and continue to simmer until sauce has thickened. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! My food planet loves comments.